- Last Updated: 23 November 2013 23 November 2013
- Hits: 4818 4818
Lasotell Follow-the-sun Editing
So, it is 9:00 at night your time and you want to go home but can't?
Why not – too much editing to do and not enough time??
Depending on your time zone, our Lasotell offices may be open when you are normally dreaming. So why not let your work follow-the-sun?
- General medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Project Management
- Service Delivery
- Quality Management.
Preparing to Follow-the-Sun
We need to discuss the following topics to prepare to follow-the-sun:
- What is your deadline or your delivery date to your customer? Follow-the-sun editing does not work if you are in near-panic, panic or hero modes (you know what we mean!).
- The process works to its best advantage if we can have a phone conversation at each handover point. Do you have a schedule that will allow this to happen at sensible hours?
- Are you using Word and Templates?
- Are you receiving input from others, sending your files elsewhere for final publication or working alone?
- Are graphics involved? Who is preparing them and which package? Can they be inserted late in the process?
- Do you use a document management system or rely on file names and directory structure?
- Do you use a file sharing service such as Dropbox?
- What level of editing assistance do you require:
- Level 1: gross deficiencies corrected. Spell check. Quick read and review (for obvious logic flaws and disconnects in the presentation)?
- Level 2: amend text to your style as required. No detailed structural changes. Spell check. Review (as above)?
- Level 3: create text from inputs supplied and accommodate as much of your style as possible. If problems arise, make best assumptions and highlight the text. Review. Spell check. Proof-read?
- Level 4: plan and create original text with research as required. Review. Spell check. Proof read. Read aloud?
- Agree a schedule for invoicing and payments (via PayPal).
Successful Follow-the-sun sessions depend on regular communication. So, we have one rule for safeguarding your costs: If there is no contact of any kind between us within 72 hours of a scheduled meeting time, we risk not knowing what is going on. So to avoid doing work you might not need, we will stop work at 72 hours and wait to for up to ten full days from the missed scheduled meeting. If there is no contact of any kind between us by that time, we will assume you no longer need our services. We will send an invoice for any unbilled work and move on to our next job.
Measurable Benefits of Follow-the-sun editing
You sleep, we work; we sleep, you work.
This site is (slowly) being re-constructed.
If you click on a page and find no content -- don't worry, it will be there soon!
The menus give you an idea of what is coming to the site.
Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime you are welcome to contact me: